View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 10:17 PM

Default Re: High VP$IP bad for bankroll?

It is variance, how many hands are we talking here? I think you just need to continue with a strong game against weak opponents and let the theory of large numbers work to your advantage. I would rather play that these tables, as in the long run they are way more profitable than tight tables. Tight/weak tables are easy to beat, but the BB/100 is lower than a nice multiway table.

One possiblity is that you are overvaluing high card value in multiway hands and not valuing suited connectors and small PP enough. Against a single opponent, I would rather have Ax because that Ace is a powerhouse against a lone opponent. Against 3+ opponents I would rather have a small PP or medium suited connectors than ATo. Big cards lose value quickly with each additional opponent after the first that you play against. Suited connectors and small PPs need large fields to be real money makers. Just understand why you play what in each game and either is beatable, I just think the loose games are long term bigger winners, but the tighter tables are easier on the psyche because there are not any notable 'bad beats'. Remember, bad beats mean you are in a great game.

Vern

Standard Disclaimer, I am by no means an expert at any of this.