View Single Post
Old 06-27-2005, 01:10 PM

Default Re: Do you think the US is doing a good job in Iraq?

[ QUOTE ]

It's one more source than you've quoted giving any hard figures on the proportion of foreign fighters amongst the insurgency. If you're implying that Global Security is generally seen as a liberal source, you're wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.military.com/NewsContent/0,13319,FL_fight_061005,00.html
(edit: if link doesn't work copy and paste it)

[ QUOTE ]
Actually there is plenty of evidence that people are planting bombs etc on behalf of the insurgency simply for cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this evidence? People do get money for terrorist acts but do they do it simply for the money? Are these the kind of people that would go out and get a job if the employment rate was higher? I really doubt it.

[ QUOTE ]
If your point is that the foreign fighters have a disproportionately large impact to their numbers, I agree; but the question remains why so many Iraqis are joining the insurgency and why the country is so violent, and the answers to those questions poin to the fact that the US has not done a good job in Iraq.

[/ QUOTE ]

What evidence is there that a lot of Iraqis are joining the insurgency? There may be a lot of insurgents but the vast majority of them intended to fight against us before we even had troops on the ground or islamic fundamentalists that want to kill their own countrymen because they worship in a slightly different way they're not people who were hopeing to get a job and then when they couldn't decided to become terrorists.