View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 06:44 PM

Default Re: Hand vs Carlos Mortensen in Bellagio 3K

[ QUOTE ]
My table was not easy. There were 9 players and no spots (besides me, maybe). I was content to play tight and avoid annoying confrontations, but it's not like I could sit back and wait for someone to donate their stack to me, either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay fine, but then you call the raise with 62o OOP? It's not like I care about the 75 chips, I care about what happens after you do call (basically, this.)

[ QUOTE ]
Also, with the premise that after I've re-raised his turn min-raise I'm pot-commited (and he know that), does anyone think I gave Carlos a tough-enough decision with some Ace/middle pair/spade combo?

[/ QUOTE ]

If he is the type of guy that you can put on 'ace + spade', not to mention air, *now*, that's clearly a no.

Normal people...sure, that's a tough call with something like AxJs, but that's not a huge part of his range and I doubt he calls the flop/minraises the turn with those (doesn't make too much sense because I think that's either a clear calldown or a flop/turn big raise.) I think he's more likely to have a flush, higher trips or nothing much at all (if I have 77 I just call the turn 3 bet). The point is, if you're going to give him 'a tough decision' with trips no kicker on a board that sucks this much after he's shown that much strength, don't be surprised when it backfires.