Thread: Frozen Embryo
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2005, 04:19 AM

Default Re: Frozen Embryo

[ QUOTE ]
so not only do you have scientific proof that souls are real, you can identify when they are made?

[/ QUOTE ]

When you ask for scientific proof, if you are asking for scientific proof in the sense of empirical evidence derived from hypothesis-testing experiments, I can furnish none, because this is a subject for which there are no appropriate experiments. The modern scientific method is not, in fact, the appropriate method for every science. If when you ask for scientific proof you mean philosophical proof, then yes, I have such proof and I could relate it to you. In a short book I would be able to rehearse the argument supporting the conclusions I have stated. Fortunately, the truth of my position does not rest on my ability to relate immediately a full argument in support of it in an internet forum at the whim of another contributor.

As a matter of natural reason, I don't think it can be established that a new soul is in fact created at the moment of conception. This is, however, what I believe as a Christian.