View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: 3/5NL Live: River Trips Faces Big Overbet

He's a checkraiser. He didn't checkraise the turn. He didn't checkraise the river.

If he puts you on the queen on the turn does he think your going to fold to a checkraise from him there? If not, why not get the extra bet in there to build the pot if he's got a whopper?

If he puts you on the queen does he think your going to check behind on the river so he is scared of loosing a bet? Why not checkraise all in there? Your still going to be shaken up by him (big checkraise given his laggy aggro moves), but you might be more likely to call the checkraise on the river given his aggro/likely aggro bluffing more than the lead overbet so he get's paid more often on the river by letting you bet it. That is unless he has you shaken up to the point he thinks he can get a frustration call from JJ or better here, for example.

If he has the goods there and knows you so well that he set you up for a call/push when he has you here he owns you. Does he own you?

Can he read you for a queen on the turn?
Has he put you on the verge of tilt and know that he has done precisely that?
Does he see the overbet on the river as a a +EV play to get your stack because he reads you for the queens or feels that you will make a call out of frustration?

Does he know your scared of big bets/power poker?

What hands would he do this with?
Does the big overbet tell you something more than a smaller bet? Would he for instance bet pot/a little over pot on a steal and fat overbet to suck you in?

This is definately a guy that I would want to get in line. I also think at this point, damn, why didn't I reraise his ass big a few hands ago.

How smart is he? How skilled is he? Is he playing momentum because he's been running the table or is this a strategic move to get your stack?