Thread: MIA report
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 05:34 AM

Default Re: MIA report

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3) Stopped starting another table after I get knocked out. Instead I start 4 and play all 4 until they are ALL COMPLETE, then I start up another 4.(I get less in per hour this way, but as I fail at each table The rest get a little more attention paid to them.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't be surprised if #3 above alone will get you back to where you were. There's some super-multitablers out there, but I still have a bit of trouble when it gets down to shorthanded with 3-4 tables going. 8-tabling makes it very hard to track/think about all the variables that are constantly shifiting. I've also found that if I restart right after getting knocked out, I tend to make more -EV$ "coinflip plays" rather than fold a good hand early (even if I know it's not that strong relatively) b/c subconsciously I know I'll get to just restart another if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

And to think... my normal route was to start 8 all at once(as fast as I could anyways) then the moment I lost at 1 I started another(as fast as I could) I did this for 2.5 hour stretches.....

My losing streak happened in only about 60 games. This was working fine before.

[ QUOTE ]
Nice too hear! Just a word of advice. If poker is your income, as it is mine, doubling the required bankroll will add alot of peace of mind. 50 to 60 buyins, or even 100, makes the downturns much less agonizing. If you've been winning for long enough, you KNOW it's impossible to lose 100 buyins. Then, the downturns suck and are depressing, but the stress isn't really there. The threat to the bankroll is what causes the stress, as it is our road to being fired.

Steve

[/ QUOTE ]

Always good advice. I have 2 bankrolls. My living expenses and my poker. I try to keep a minimum of 3 months worth of living expenses always on hand, and a 1k BR for poker. This was basically exactly what I had before the streak began. Not wanting to dive into the second BR, I decided to climb up the ladder instead. Had I lost the last $120 I had, I would have taken out 300 from living expenses and then got a job. /SHIVER @ Job. I am one lazy bastage.

Its tough because although I climbed out of the hole, I still havent made any money so the living expense BR has been declining rapidly. If I get to within a months worth of living expenses then I will suck it up and get that..J.J.J ahhhh Beh.