Thread: MIA report
View Single Post
Old 12-27-2004, 12:27 AM

Default MIA report

Hello friends.

Sorry I havent been around much, but I needed to break the habit of eating, sleeping, and breathing poker.

As most of you know, I took a bad turn about a month ago, and have since disapeared. To fill in those in the dark briefly, I dropped over 30 buy ins at the 30+3 SnG tables. A streak I wasnt exactly prepared for mentaly. Bankroll wise it was a less then perfect situation as well considering poker is my only source of income.

Putting an end to the suspense... Things are better. Today I hit a good benchmark of back to having 30 Buyins in my online bankroll for 30+3 SnGs once again. I was down to $120, and now I am back up to $930.

I urge everyone that has had a recent bad streak, or an up and comming one to take note that getting back on track can be done. It feels HOPELESS at times. When you are on a bad streak everything seems to lose. You look down and see KK only to feel in your gut its gonna lose.

Here is what I did.

1) Looked over every single hand that I went out with or got crippled with. Was it bad luck, or could I have played it better? (Most were bad luck)

2) Stopped 8 tabling (I still feel that this is only a small factor, but a factor is a factor on a bad streak)

3) Stopped starting another table after I get knocked out. Instead I start 4 and play all 4 until they are ALL COMPLETE, then I start up another 4.(I get less in per hour this way, but as I fail at each table The rest get a little more attention paid to them.)

4) Made sure all my finances were in order so that I could play without fear.(The importance of this is often overlooked, even for those that dont play for a living.)

5)Dropped down to the 10s.(I had enough $$ to redeposit for the 30s, but this was a wise choice for mental toughness)

6)Created a plan for how I would move up, and I STUCK TO IT!
-30x buy in is my "base level" So I need $300 to have the 10s be my "base level".
-As soon as I have enough money OVER the Base limit to play 4 tourneys of the next level I play them. (4x 22= 88, so I need $388 to play the 20s. I would need $732 to start the 30s)
-IF after the 4 are played I STILL have enough, I do it again, otherwise I drop back down to the previous level.

7) I also limited myself. This may sound silly, but instead of pounding out poker like my bankroll says I should, I played as much or as little as I wanted to. This made poker seem much less toilsome, but it has made me lazy. A habit I need to break now. It has served its purpose.

Thanks for your support

Aaron