View Single Post
Old 11-14-2005, 02:13 PM

Default Re: Two Questions about Home Game Ettiquette (long)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why? What makes you think players no longer in the tournament have any interest in the hands? (they have be interested in the sense that they want to see them, but they are not interested in the sense that they have no stake in the outcome.) Are you suggesting that in a big tournament a player who is eliminated early can hang around a table and enforce the Show One Show All rule? The dealer WAS a[player in the game that is past tense. The dealer IS NOT a player in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
If this dealer is a regular player with this group, you better believe he is an interested party in this. If this were a dedicated dealer that never played, I would not care if he looked at mucked cards. While this person is no longer in THIS tournament, he CAN gain knowledge about a future opponent by looking at mucked cards, all this without the others gaining the same info. No way, I don't like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice sentiment, and you can make it a rule if you want at your own homegame, but its just not applicable under the show one show all rule. Remember, the deales is both looking at the cards with permission, and no longer playing in the tourney. Its no different than showing your cards to any other railbird including one who was playing earlier and busted out. You can let somebody sweat you if you want, including a busted out player. The dealer is just a busted out player.

By your logic, if I'm a regular player in the game, and they are going to run two tourneys, and I show up late for one and am sitting around waiting for the next tourney to start, if a player shows me his cards he has to show everybody, even though I was never even in his tournament cause I'm gaining knowleged about a future opponent.

--Zetack