View Single Post
Old 12-13-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: travelling to japan

[ QUOTE ]
Learn a couple of key phrases. Every time my large caucasian frame produced an 'arigato', the people I was communicating with were delighted and went out of their way to be helpful. If I'd ask for directions, they'd actually take me to my destination. In a Yokohama train station, I asked where to find a taxi using an awful english-Japanese dictionary and the little old man I asked took my two suitcases (One filled with books), carried them up four flights of stairs and put them in a cab for me. That's how much they appreciate the effort.

[/ QUOTE ]
my brother told me about this. I'll definately try to take advantage. I appreciate the tips.

The reason I only have $100/day is because I'm a college student and am therefore poor.

one thing I'm wondering about is the nightlife scene, and how possible/fun it would be to go to a club or a bar if I didn't have a personal tour guide to help me through the language barrier. for some reason the prospect of hooking up with a girl I can't even talk with is alluring.