View Single Post
Old 11-11-2005, 10:44 AM

Default Re: The best advice you\'ve ever learned on 2+2

Ive done this myself. But this has to be done vs the right opponents that are somewhat tight. A player calling with any gut, any overs, any ace, any pair, any king you can't pull this on. Super calling stations just can't be moved off a hand. They always think you're bluffing because your aggressive.

Last night I had AQ in the SB in a 3/6 game. 4 people called before me. All of them fish, 2 of them super fish. The flop came down missing me, all checked. The turn placed a possible draw on the board. I was very certain my hand was good but there were still 5 people in the pot and 2 really passive players afraid to even raise with AQ or bet top pair into a large field. I checked again. River paired 7s. Now I knew I had the best hand. I checked again anyways hoping someone took a stab at the pot so I can call. No one did and I won. Now if the players were tighter or normal players, I would have bet that turn. Pot was so small with so many people still in it that it was most likely someone hit that turn, even though my instincts said no. Vs average players I can expect one of them to bet and not call if they have they have nothing.