View Single Post
Old 06-11-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: So.... would you sit at this table.

First of all, penguin...do you even know what a zero-sum game is? A zero-sum game is where there is a winner and a loser. I defy you to tell me that the grand majority of life(by life, I don't mean just human beings) is not clearly defined in those terms. Nature is a vicious place of winners and losers. Don't believe me? Watch Animal Planet or the Discovery Channel sometime.

Second of all, what you stated in your post seems to be a knee-jerk, boilerplate reaction to a concept which is not an indictment of life or value systems. What you sound like is someone in the throes of a preprogrammed hysteria.

Lastly, I would not make a habit of denouncing someone as a sociopath. That is a very loaded term, and should not be taken lightly. I have never committed a crime beyond a speeding ticket. I pay my taxes, attend church regularly, and hold down a steady job. I have many friends, and most people who meet me seem to like me quite a bit. The words usually used to describe me are caring, compassionate, and sweet.

All of this is to say that if you are going to insist on going through life undergoing irrational reactions to phrases, I suggest you seek professional help yourself.