View Single Post
Old 06-07-2005, 11:25 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: I commit heresy.

That's what's so beneficial about reading these posts - there's enough discussion about the various aspects of poker so that beginners like myself (I think I've moved up from 'Newbie') can reach a decision based on the arguments given, rather than accepting something blindly.

For the past few months, all I've been reading about PT is that it's an invaluable tool and no-one has ever questioned that. I was therefore going to treat myself to the software as a matter of course after I progress from the nano to the micro limits.

Now, after reading the very reasonable arguments from both sides I believe I'll still buy it, but now I know some of the reasons why. There seem be be aspects of it from which I'm sure I could benefit.

The use of PT seems to be a subject in itself. What it can actually do, who could benefit, how to interperate the zillions of facts 'n' figures etc etc. Maybe this is an area where everyone who has experience using it can help out by adding to that existing subject in the wiki.