View Single Post
Old 05-03-2005, 04:05 PM

Default I\'m the \'solid\' one

I'm not sure if the turn raise was correct here but I'll give my thinking real quick:

One of the players behind me was fairly tight postflop, another was a real donk who would definitely not fold a queen here and could be drawing with 67 or a flush draw and Jeff definitely had overs here on the flop and if the Q hit him, I thought it would be hard for him to fold AQ or KQ but I wasn't sure. And any hand the sb would be taking a shot at on the turn into 5 people will almost always be calling the turn raise.

Also, I think just smooth calling the turn and popping a blank on the river (if Jeffo called the turn) would be too obvious of a play and would allow him to get away easy and not charge any draws of the other players.

I'm curious whether a K or an A on the turn would change some peoples minds about raising here because weaker hands that are drawing slim to dead would have a much harder time overcalling if I just call on the turn.

Tough spot Jeff but now that I think about it more your call here against my likely range of hands seems fine. Since its such a close decision, I'd make the call as a tilt insurance payment if you are as prone as I am to tilting after throwing away winners in big pots.

I'm also curious whether people think a flop bet is better here.