View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 04:41 PM

Default Re: 44 button party 50

Note that when I wrote that, I missed the gutshot draw. But say the turn was a blank. If he checkraises, he wants you to bet on that ragged board so he can raise you (and he knows it's likely you will bet since you peeled the flop). Since he wants you to bet and call his raise, he probably can beat top pair on the board in which case you'd be drawing to two outs. I think when you're villian and you bet with, say, AK on that flop and get called, you either think the guy is peeling or caught a piece. Usually you won't checkraise the turn b/c the person is either going to take a free card with a hand that can outdraw you or he will bet a legitimate hand which can stand your checkraise. I think most people's tendency with big cards OOP on this turn against one player would be to bet again and hope he folds. I think you are looking VERY bad against a typical checkraise here, particularly against a tight player who probably knows you also play tight. Ok, I wrote that fast, hopefully it makes some sense. Back to work here.

Jeff