View Single Post
Old 12-25-2005, 02:03 AM

Default Re: 2 QQ lines with an Ace on the flop. Which one is dumber?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow, hand one is donktastic!!! you know, for just one more SB you could have gotten a showdown? But you decide to put 2bbs in on the flop for God knows what reason. Trying to induce KK to fold maybe?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I was very upset with myself after playing it this way. Whats your line? Check the flop and call the turn and river like I did in hand 2?

[/ QUOTE ]
Roy, you came up with a good plan(betting the flop with the intention of checking the turn) You just didnt execute it.

What I mean is in your situation either you have the villain beat and he is drawing to 2 outs, or he flopped a monster and is trying to trap you. If the villain is trying to trap you he will either checkraise the flop, or wait til the turn to checkraise. In this situation betting the flop with the intention of checking the turn and calling all rivers is the best strategy IMO. If you bet the flop and the villain checkraises, just fold. Also, if you bet the flop, and check the turn and the villain checks again, then bet the river for value.

In this situation where there is a high probability that the villain is trapping you, taking the "bet flop check turn line" you will lose .5BB or 1.5BB when your trailing, and you will win 1.5BB when you are ahead.

If you take the check flop call down line, you will lose 2BB when behind and win 2BB when ahead.

Becuz I believe you will usually be trailing in this situation I like the "bet flop check turn line" becuz you will lose less in the long run.

Of course if youre against a really tricky aggressive opponent, then I would go with the check flop call down line, since you can never get outplayed off the best hand using this line.