View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 04:35 AM

Default Re: More curtains in the blinds

[ QUOTE ]
Does the presence of a good player in the BB have any bearing on you entering this pot? Also, what's the weakest hand you're completing here?

[/ QUOTE ]

The good player is irrelevant, he has random hand in the BB. Also good players are good to play against in some situations, because they are USUALLY easy to read postflop early in sit and gos. For instance the guy isnt going to bluff me out psotflop from the BB for no reason. This doesn't make him a bad player though. The times when such players really become annoying are when it really counts, which is on the bubble/5 handed when the blinds are getting high.

In any case Im not sure quite how good they are. I just know they have good PP stats and I don't recall them ever doing something that is completely stupid. Also its importnat that they are capable of making tough +EV calls, which Ive seen them do before. A lot of the tight nonstop multitablers will basically let you abuse their blinds nonstop and don't ever adjust against you or even pay attention to whom their opponent is. There are some guys where if I was SB vs BB against them in the 15-30 round, I could raise their blind every sit and go from now for 3 months from now, and they would just play completely normally from the BB, assuming it was just some standard raise. Meaning they would fold almost all hands.