View Single Post
Old 11-05-2005, 10:59 AM

Default Re: Do I have a legit beef with PartyPoker here? What should I do?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone tell me what this means:

The first heats are taking place from November 12 – 15, 2005, and the semi-finals and finals will be held in January, 2006.

LINK

What are "the first heats"?? I assume that I'm automatically in the semi finals, no? And why is there a semi finals and a finals...what kind of poker tournament is this?

[/ QUOTE ]

sounds like the 6 player tourneys that they're showing on Poker Channel over here......normally 1 internet qualifier, 1 non-poker "personality" and at times 4 pros

each heat consists of 6 players....winner gets $2500(current one they're showing) and place in semi-finals

semi finals consist of 2 6 player tables played at same time(not on TV for some reason [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]) and final table consists of last 6 standing out of the two semi-final tables

normally each heat is sponsored by a poker site.....this could be worse, the British Open earlier in summer had a Full Tilt table with Lederer, Bloch and Jesus at same table....wouldnt fancy my chances comin outta that one...

Edit: make sure to post before u play so i can cheer u on from my sitting room [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Edit....again: congrats [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they said that both the semi finals and finals are in January, so I hope that means they're right around the same time(i.e. finals are immediately after the semis).