View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 03:46 AM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand
Default Re: Will a good SS Hold\'em player help me?

[ QUOTE ]
You're playing LOSING POKER, 450BB+ Loss tells me this.

[/ QUOTE ]

A 3-6 kill game with a $3 rake it's very possible to lose $3200. Yes, he could be a losing player, but just simply looking at his loss in this game isn't enough.

[ QUOTE ]
Now if you're going to continue to be in denial and fund the live players $3/6 holidays then feel free.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever played live 3-6? You think this is full of sharks and pros? Please. It's nothing like online 3-6. In fact, with a kill game it's likely a very gravy game even with the high rake. Live 3-6 is also very easily replenishable should one go on a bad streak. It's a learning limit just like live 4-8. No one is really playing live 4-8/3-6 to make a living.

About the only thing I agree with is playing the micros online until he feels he's winning and gains some confidence, among other things.

Btw...'Live' teaches you alot that you can't learn online. Even at the low limits. The hands per hour are so reduced compared to online that it's like the micros online in some respects. You also have alot more time between hands to analyze stuff and think about one's play.

Based on your response, it doesn't seem like you've ever played live LL holdem before.

b