View Single Post
Old 10-08-2005, 04:29 AM

Default And the winner is . . .

or was - pocket deuces.

A strong showing was made by pocket 3s while AK was never really in the hunt.

AK of course was the UTG raisor.

33 was the button; and our winner was the big blnd.

If you spend enough time in AC you will eventually be pulled aside by "AK" and told about this hand; he says he is sure there was cheating but he can't "prove" it. (Sigh)

Later that night I asked the two of them (both of whom are a bit rockish) if they had had a premonition. They both gave almost identical answers - their premonition was that it was extremely unlikely that anyone was holding on of their set cards and since they were getting almost proper odds to call and try to flop a set why not build a pot since their chances of hitting the flop were far better than the standard ~12%.

If only the winner had said it I might have shrugged it off as crowing but when they both made the same remark it did get me to thinking and it made alot of sense; it still does.

Oh, by the way - I called with the 3s, flopped a set and won a nice pot. (OK, a very nice pot)

I didn't cap it preflop because I did not want to take the bet away from either of the other two; if I hit my hand I want very much to be bet into - maybe even have it come to me already bet and raised.

This may or may not have been the right approach but since I was almost sure it would get capped with or without my help I figured better to play meek.