View Single Post
Old 10-07-2005, 01:17 AM

Default Thank you . . .

Well put.

Minor aside: this site does not allow for a 4th raise (5th bet) but point taken; this would be cause for a possible exception to the "this is a no-brain call" theme.

Question . . .

One of the others answered tongue-in-cheek that among the few things that would convince him to fold would be if he saw one of the two outstandig 3s exposed prior to the action getting back to him.

For those who consider this to be a really close decision - would the fact that the fourteen cards held by the seven other callers are less likely than average to include a 3 ?

If we agree that this is a reasonable inference does this convert a close decision into an easy call ?

That elusive flopped set will become far less elusive not to mention that "peeling one off" when you miss the flop will be a much more profitable play.

Does anyone think this matters much ?

I am reminded of a play I saw in a 15/30 game at the TAJ -

UTG raised, and all called around to the button

He paused then made it 3 bets.

All called around to the cutoff who capped.

A gargantuan pot resulted; the final board was 3-2-K-A-2

Care to guess the three hands that were exposed at the showdown ?

Answer to follow as well as the result of the hand that started this whole thing.

- The result is somewhat interesting but my primary reason for including it is to make my "Party is rigged" claim as I was requested to do by a previous poster.

As to the requirement of a bad beat story - well . . .

This is not my first post so I guess that ship sailed.