View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 05:17 AM

Default Interesting 20-40 hand to disect (big pot)

I thought this was an interesting hand from last nights session that we could get some discussion off of. Seat 5 is a fish. Seats 3 and 4 however are very good players that I've played with for along time. They should know I'm soild as well and that I dont get out of line. Ok, so I'm going to cheat a bit here and give you the results. I'm doing this because I'm interested in a street by street analysis of what you would do with each players hand on each street. I ended up losing this hand. I'm posting it not as a bad beat story but because I would have played slightly diffrently if I held my opponents hand (s), seat 3 and 4. I'll give my thoughts later.

So the results are that the 3 seat held 4h 8h underneath for a made straight in 5. Seat 4 held aces-up first four with aces and eights. Like I said, seat 5 is a fish. If you're wondering about my call on third it was due to a.) the fact that clubs were so live here and the 4 seat will complete with three-flushes b.) the 5 seat called, who is on tilt, and likely has nada. My other thoughts in a bit.

Also, as a sidenote, I'm going to get back into playing some stud just to break up my full-time hold'em routine. I figure that it will be easier on the mind mixing it in there for a few hours a week. That and the fact that we really really need a few good stud posts on this forum. I know I've been lazy about posting them, but these, usually mundane, stud/8 posts that have been flooding this forum are killing my eyes. Where are all the stud-high posters that used to post some provoking hands? I'll try to make an effort to post more myself as well. I see a few are posting some interesting hands, but not many.

7 Card Stud High ($20/$40), Ante $2, Bring-In $5 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.80 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 2: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___completes
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls
Seat 6: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

4th Street - (5.05 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (8.53 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___calls
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets___calls___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___calls___calls___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___raises

6th Street - (24.53 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___checks___calls

River - (28.53 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] xx___bets
Seat 4: xx xx A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___checks___calls
Seat 5: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___checks___folds
Hero: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls

Total pot: (31.53 BB)