Thread: Poetic Justice
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 03:18 PM

Default Re: Poetic Justice

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It does make me mad when someone bluffs me out with another player all-in. The object is to eliminate! The only time he should bet is when he's got a monster hand that he's sure is a winner. Doofus exercised poor tournament strategy of course.

[/ QUOTE ]
Poor tournament strategy? Sure. Poor play? Not necessarily. Think of it this way, the i.diot goes all-in blind (because only idiots go all-in blind, even if they're short stacked). You have a better chance of winning the pot if you bluff out any other potential players and go heads up with i.diot. While I totally agree that the object is to eliminate other players and two against one improves those chances of eliminating, Doofus had a chance to rake an easy pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

first, he's not an [censored] for going in blind, I don't see how he has any option but to go all in on this hand, even if he gets a great hand next time, he triples up 200 chips, with 600, at least a triple up isn't worthless. He wasn't short stacked, he was crippled.

also, the hand that the bluffer showed down was pretty easily beat by a lot, so a bluff doesn't take down an easy pot for him.

Thats how I'm reading it anyways. regardless, there will always be these people that make this move.