View Single Post
Old 08-08-2005, 04:13 AM

Default Re: Liberal Christianity

[ QUOTE ]

You go on to say:
"sure the church would eventualy adapt and reinterpret, but this usualy came after terrible consequences for others.....it takes a plague for the church to allow serious study of the human body, tens of thousands of mentalily ill women are killed as withches, etc. "

You know, it's time for you to supply some supporting evidence for your spin. I'm afraid your "everyone knows" assertions on Galileo have left your credibility damaged.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

i didnt think that the catholic church trying and killing thousands of witches in europe was any obscure historical fact or any fringe theory. ill try to provide some credible references for you. im sure the church even apologized and has an explanation u can read.

i also didnt realize that there was much controversial with the fact that the catholic church didnt allow autopsies or disections of human bodies untill after the black plague killed a good chunk of europe. in many ways civilizations(like the greeks) thousands of years prior had better knowledge of the human body and various systems within than did europe in the catholic churchs heyday. of course this is not surprising since they strictly forbid it.

the whole galileo affair (and the churches ridiculus arrogance)was at least in most ways harmless.