View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 11:27 AM

Default Re: Finding a good renter

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd meet up with them and check them out and possibly rent to them if they seemed like good folks.

But I'm a decent guy who's has been helped out of jams before by caring strangers.

[/ QUOTE ]

DISQUALIFIED! for common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is common sense?

Yea, good idea. Seems liek a good guy so I'll rent to him. Damn any other screening process. I'm going with my gut here.

20 years in the business and I'm an idiot. I could have just sat people down for 15 mins talked to themn and then made my decision based on gut instinct.

BTW

Thin Man

DISQUALIFIED! for being a loser playing .5/1 while living in his parent's basement and making 926 pretty much useless posts in 8 months as a reg'd user.

I am quite sure you have exactly 0 experience in operating a business or the management of rental property. On the other hand I have been in the industry for 20+ years. I started with a duplex of my own when I was 22 and now own 167 units. I also manage an additional 130+ units that the owner's of those properties pay me 8-10% of gross rents for the service. Obviously I have no clue what I am doing.

On the other hand you have zero experience and are an authority. SO I will offer you a one time deal today only. You can purchase all units owned by me for $8 million and I will sell you the management business of the other properties for 3x gross annual income which is the going rate for a business of this type. Round that off to around 900k.

So for the bargain basement price of $8.9 million you can prove how superior your unqualifed way of doing things is so much better.

However, I'll lay 4:1 that if you take me up on this offer your broke within 2 years. Put up or shutup.