View Single Post
Old 07-04-2005, 11:10 PM

Default Dennis Bragg: Pushing/Defending In The Blinds: The Next Logical Step

So it seems like the next logical step given the past two articles is to take one of the situations and instead of assuming your opponent pushes/calls with xx% of the hands, assume your opponent will use the corresponding table.

Of course then you can rerun the analysis for the corresponding table based on your optimal response. And rerun the first side again with the improved opposite side.

I'm not sure but my hunch is that the two sides will converge to the same table regardless of your starting conditions. In which case you'll have a single set of tables for the "optimal response assuming your opponent plays optimally" Then you could have alternate tables for "assuming your opponents plays 10% tighter and 10% looser".

Your comments at the end of the small blind section noting that with a very small stack you should assume your opponent will (correctly) call with any two cards foreshadow this line of reasoning.

It's possible the two tables will converge to different results depending on the initial conditions. That would be an interesting thing to see. It's also possible they don't converge at all. But I suspect that's not the case.

It would be really interesting the results if your program could be extended to do this analysis.