Thread: MTT bankroll
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 01:04 AM

Default MTT bankroll

YES, i did a search, but the search feature here is just too slow and cumbersome to use effectily.

So:

I've never really played many MTTs since I got serious about poker, I've always thought that the cash games were where the real money was, but now I'm thinking that there's just too many weak players in the tournaments to NOT learn how to play them. On a whim I entered a Stars $10+1 stud/8 tourney, and took second. the next night, i played a tribeca $8 NLHE tournament, won that one... cashed in a couple more since then, and now (of course) I'm thinking "man, I should really learn this stuff".

I KNOW- sample size. But I'm willing to play a bunch more tournaments to see if i can get legit-good at them (as opposed to lucky-good). I've taken the $600 or so I've won in tourneys and set it aside as my tournament money (my BR is much larger)

My question is this: What level (buy-in) of tournaments should i be playing, in terms of percentage of my overall bankroll? I have been assuming it's <1%, and hae thus been sticking to small buy-in tourneys.

and, if you would take the time to answer the same questions I'm sure you get asked like 10x weekly, what % of the time should a good player expect to cash? do you measure overall sucess by RoI, % of cashing, wins, what? TYIA.