View Single Post
Old 12-28-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: A Rebuy ? for Math Majors

How does anyone account for the times that players with second hour starting stacks are only 5k and go on to win?

I think Cheif911 has won the 10+1 R a couple times with a 5K stack. I personally have gone deep starting hour 2 with 5K stack after multiple rebuys.

Another question: What is the value of your multiple rebuys if the chips you purchased stay on the table? I rebuyed multiple times at a loose table where our table average was 15K+ and I was very happy with my 5K stack because there were soo... many chips available starting the second hour.

The chips you bought through your multiple rebuys are still available too you after the rebuy period although they aren't in your stack yet.

How many times have we cursed the Pstars random table moves when you are sitting with 5k at a loaded table only to me moved to a table with smaller stacks? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I think aggressive Multi rebuy maniacs can gain some EV with every rebuy even if they don't have the chips at the end of the hour.

Some of the classic multi rebuy players are very good players that do an excelent job of getting those chips back. Some of that may be the "maniac" image that carried over into the second hour. Most of it is probably superior play when the non-rebuy portion of the tourny starts.