View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 05:48 AM

Default Re: nfl defensive mvp?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I dunno, just watch SportsCenter and you'll probably figure it out. If you don't committ suicide first.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Defensive MVP goes to the guy who makes the most plays and gets the most hype... Derrick Brooks, Ed Reed, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

while i hate espn about more than anyone, if you are suggesting that someone other than ed reed was the best defensive player in football in 2004 youre crazy

(i agree that this is award is tough because it requires comparing players occupying vastly different positions (i.e cornerback vs nose tackle or free safety vs defensive end)

i usually classify defensive mvp as the player i felt made the most big plays at big times, and it was their skill alone who put them there, i.e ed reed in 2004. sometimes there is a reason players receive hype.

this year i have watched multiple highlights of probably every game, and i dont really have an easy answer like ed reed was last year, and i was hoping for somebody who did? is that person out there? fwiw both giants end have been stellar, and have bolstered that defense. mike brown and nathan vashar from chicago have been awesome too. but defensive mvps? im not sure

any other opinions?

i keep editing this cuz im high [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]