View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 12:51 PM

Default Re: I found $640: now what?

[ QUOTE ]
I just got off the phone with the bank manager. He said that no one has claimed the money yet, but he wants to give it a full week.

[/ QUOTE ]
EDIT: In any case, what I'm hearing is that the bank will keep it, not an individual employee. Someone stealing it I can understand. I cannot understand the corperation Bank of America keeping it. Seems like particularly horrible customer service.

[/ QUOTE ]

My mistake. Well I'm glad they're on the up and up so far. I just say this because one time I deposited $200 in cash in an ATM, and they didn't credit my account. It took me three trips to the branch to finally get it back.

Part of our training at my bank was learning about all the scams that employees and customers will try to pull just to get a few extra hundred dollars or so (check kiting, check forging, sham deposits, etc.) Our trainer said that, when money's tight for someone, the temptation for a bank employee to pull a scam can make even the most honest employee do something stupid. 98% of the time they get caught of course. Teller turnover is really high. As for customer service, customers make complaints all the time over much less. I'm sure that a teller or manager who would take the money isn't concerned about customer service. FWIW.

ScottieK