View Single Post
Old 06-29-2005, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Hmmmm $100 PS NL

Sigh. This is one of those cases where I lost it all. And it annoys me because I knew on the turn I was toast.

This is the kind of hand where if someone else played it, I would have told them the other guy has aces. He called a 20xbb raise (which was far from the norm on the table)... I knew he wasn't an idiot (passive, yes, but not wreckless)

On the flop, I remember a sigh of relief because I told myself I just cracked his aces. I knew he was not calling with a flush draw. You know what I mean, I KNEW what he had.

When that ace came on the turn, It was like time stopped. I knew he hit his 2 outer and didn't know what to do. I had the typical 2+2 response going through my head... you don't fold trips, put him on a range of hands, etc. And I also know that I often argue that a read can be much more valuable then the math.

So I pushed... he called. And he had the aces.

And don't get me wrong.. this isn't a bad beat post (because I knew I was toast on the turn).

I was just curious if anyone, seeing the preflop action, putting the opponent on a hand.. would also have made the exact same read and perhaps saved $40?

This was one of those hands where I was fuming as I went to bed. I felt a little unlucky but I was mostly angry because I knew on the turn I was beat and bet anyways.