View Single Post
Old 12-27-2005, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Stars180 SNG hand

[ QUOTE ]

And your proposal is a "flop raise". Well, the flop raise is what commits you to the pot. A minraise gives you FE for an all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd make it 3000 to go on the flop. If villian pushes we can safely fold with 6k left. It's kinda ugly, but it puts villian to the test. We're really not committed here by raising his flop bet though, we're testing him, finding out he has us beat, and folding. Personally though I like just calling his flop bet slightly better.

[ QUOTE ]

I do not see him coming over the top as our minraise shows strength, and may seem like it commits us, but it doesn't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, generally the min raise is the biggest tell of a huge hand, but a lot of people don't notice that. Never EVER min raise, not only because it's a tell, but also in this case it makes no sense. Donks don't say "oooh he min raised me, that scares me", he's probably just going to push back, in which case you just lost your chance to put HIM to the test.

Investing 3.5k into the pot and then folding for another 3.5k makes ZERO sense to me. If you're going to raise the turn, you might as well push to put him to the test. You're getting 2 to 1 if he calls your push, so you only need to be right 2/3 of the time for this push to be profitable. Nevermind the times you fold out a weaker Ace (which I suppose there is some chance of happening), or he might call with a lower PP he was slowplaying.

Villian has already shown he probably has us beat.

[ QUOTE ]

With a draw like he had, he likely just calls and checks it down as he is glad to take free cards for his draw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be results oriented. Villian played this just like he had an Ace. Though he has shown that he's a massive donk, I doubt he's dumb enough to think he's realistically drawing to make his gutshot. Villian tried to bluff hero out big time here, he played this like he had an Ace.

As far as I'm concerned hero got VERY lucky here. Calling with KQo UTG and then calling a raise is absolutly awful. Especially at that late stage (I presume it's fairly late, I haven't played that tourney before)

[ QUOTE ]

With an ace, he gives us a chance to escape, while all previous lines I've seen either don't extract out enough information (making the KK fold likely correct but risky and audacious), or stick their whole stack in like you propose in a spot with only two outs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I CLEARLY advocated folding, but I said that a min raise would be awful as you should just push all in if you're going to take that line. It's still a bad line though.

[ QUOTE ]

He is not folding a smaller ace to an all-in unless he is incompetent - the only thing he does with Ax is try to keep the pot small, which is what we want anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

He might fold something like A2, you never know. All I said is that if you're trying to get FE against possibly an Ace, you're better off pushing because Min raising wont cut it.