View Single Post
Old 06-06-2005, 12:42 PM

Default Re: My First SNG single table...Comments on my heads up???

Pretty tough to say anything meaningful in one post. The best thing to do is search out the first post by The_Shadow and read the threads he links to. There is a guide by Aleomagus which is a very good start.

When you start getting to around 5 players and the blinds are getting pretty high, you should start finding places to steal blinds. You decide where by considering position, your stack size, the stack sizes of the blinds and your cards. You steal with big bets. 2.5 x the Big blinds to allin. Almost never put in more than 30% of your stack without pushing.

Be careful when there are 4 left, but you will probably have to keep stealing, and even if you don't have to, it will probably be the right thing to do.

Generally in the later part of the game try and be the first one in the pot.

When you are in the money, you should be more aggressive still and when head up you should be very aggressive.

Ok, well this response is totally inadequate. It takes a lot of work to write a guide and it's been done better than I could do it. There is a FAQ by citanul in here that is also helpful. There is a search function that lets you search by poster.

Most people at the tables, after seeing a very good player play the endgame, think that he/she is a total idiot.