View Single Post
Old 04-27-2005, 04:10 PM

Default Re: a \"monster\" hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Because every hand does not have a strangle hold on Half of the low half of the pot if it comes!

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your post

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. I guess I am just not as quick to assume that my opponents necessarily have A2 here as most of the other posters seem to be. You have a LAG raising in EP. He could, by definition, have a very wide range of hands, or else he would not be a LAG.

MP2, a solid player, then 3bets. If MP2 holds a hand like A23K or A2s with another wheel card, he is not going to want to shut everyone else out of the pot. He is trying to isolate EP with his 3bet. Why? What kind of hands is MP2 going to want to play headsup against the LAG, who he knows is likely to have a subpar holding? IMO he will want to play hands containing a big pair with some kind of low draw probably suited up. Hands like AA56, A3KK, A4QQ, A3TT, etc. are all contenders. In this range of hands, the only hand I would really hate to see is AA2, although I would not be thrilled to see A2KK-TT either.

Although it certainly possible that MP2, EP, or both has A2, it is by no means definite. Moreover, even if one of the other two has A2, they will be counterfeited if either an A or a 2 falls, but I will not be.

Finally, even if I get quaretered, in a three-handed pot I will not get hurt too badly, as I will lose only 1/4 of every bet I put in the pot.