View Single Post
Old 04-07-2005, 07:14 AM

Default Re: How standard is this bluff?

[ QUOTE ]
It's also possible to simply open allin on the turn, but this would require knowledge that your opponent is going to fold a pretty reasonable % of the time. If your opponent will fold on the turn 50% of the time, then allin is decent, as there is 1800 in the pot and you have only 1800 remaining, and of course will win sometimes when called.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this line as well. I thought if I checked I might see a check behind and get a free river. When he bet the min I had to push. He went in the tank for his whole timer and called. Turned over A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Then a wonderful 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] came on the river. Sure my image was shot, which turned out to be a good thing since I went on a rush and ran over the table and was heads up by the 100/200.

I loved my fold equity here I just think that the pot odds were too good for him to pass up. I have a feeling he would have folded any other King. I think the fact that he was only beat by a flush made him take the odds.