Thread: Playing dead
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Playing dead

Villain is a notorious LAG that bets and raises with any two. He also makes big calls, which sometimes works out in his favor.

I have about $500 and Villain has me covered. Blinds are $2 and $5, and I'm straddling on the Button for $10. I'm stuck about $800 and maybe steaming a little. 32 day winning streak down the drain.

Folds to Villain in the BB who raises to $25. I call with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].

Flop $55 - T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Villain bets $50, I call

<font color="blue">His bet here is probably a pair, but could possibly be straight draw, flush draw, or possibly even air. Honestly, I have no idea what he has. I call because I want him to keep betting at me. I'm not really interested in protecting...I just want to get my stack in the middle and that could be more difficult if he starts thinking I have a hand. I call with the intention of raising the turn or betting if he checks.</font>

Turn $155 - 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain bets $100, I call

<font color="blue">This is a pretty good sized bet by him, so I start thinking that he might have a decent hand. I still think that it's mostly air...maybe pair plus a spade. I decide to just call again since I think he'll follow up with a river bet.</font>

River $355 - 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Villain checks, I push

<font color="blue">Well, he didn't bet, but I have the nuts and my move looks something like a scare card bluff. If he has a decent spade, I expect a call. I would have moved in on any river.</font>