Thread: Flop action.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 06:51 AM

Default Re: Flop action.

I like the logic and if the limpers were as logical as you then check/calling makes a lot of sense.

However, my instinctive reaction would be to CR and having thought it through, I would still probably opt for that.

Firstly, as with the check/call option it might get bet and raised before it gets to the button. Then, after the buttons 3-bet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I'm folding.

Secondly, I really want these limpers to disappear. I know that they will be getting decent odds to call 2-cold but a) they are not closing the action so that might discourage them and b) I get the feeling that having to call a raise even if the odds are present is more difficult for many players.

I would hope that these 2 factors encouraged one or both of them to fold. I do not do it with any great hope but I really do not want 2 players making an 18-1 call with any 2 or weird backdoors and stealing MY pot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I agree that in theory CR the turn is better but that may well give 2 hands a chance to hit a lucky turn.

I CR and hope!

t