View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Results

[ QUOTE ]
For exact numbers, here's the scenario. Shorty had $93.34, I only had $200 and you had me covered (my mistake in the OP). There are zero hands that should call $93.34 (I had put in $30 already so it would'v been $63.34 more) and then fold on any flop for $106.66 more into a $280.02 (less rake) pot. Putting in half your stack preflop and then folding for the other half on the flop is terrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm too influenced by playing tournaments here (this is very possible) but I both see flops that I fold jj to and my feeling is that people fold against me in such scenarios every now and then.

You just put up a range for me and then compare that with the flop and figure out what kind of equity you expect. I cannot imagine that this is a never fold on the flop.

I thought that the argument against this line (just calling instead of pushing) would be that you would sometimes get away when the flop came something like AKx, or KQx.

Apparently this is not so (since you claim it to be terrible to fold there) so then there is only good things to be gotten from the extra FE I get by calling preflop instead of pushing, no?