View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: AJo vs Hyper aggressive TAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking a checkraise would be pretty satisfying here, even if CO didn't pay it off.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is pretty key. All I'm really wanting on this hand is for him to bet it. If my hand were weaker like a smaller ace, I would probably just take a c/c line on this hand given the villian and action. But my hand is almost never behind here, so I c/r and him calling the raise would just be icing on the cake.

Also, my reasoning for the c/r here is the same as your thinking. He's almost always on a flushdraw or small ace (he's a good player, just very aggressive, so I have a hard time putting him on anything else). He will pay me off with Ax, but not likely with a flushdraw when I bet into him. When checked to I think he bets the missed flush draw fairly often, and bets the ace almost always. Therefore I get the same value from a small ace, and more value from a missed draw by checking to him.

[/ QUOTE ]

All very good. That's another piece to the puzzle to add to the formula in TOP. This situation included you being able to induce a bluff + the ability to get 2 more in if his hand is legit. So as you said, icing on the cake. Nice.