View Single Post
Old 09-25-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: For Sale: Old thickness Desert Sands chips

Yeah sure, ask him about it if you'd like, that'd be really cool of you. AFAIK, it's a permanent change, the guy organizing the "American Beauties" group buy was informed of it. I think I pissed off the support person and they appeared willing to exchange my original 220 "bad" chips but then reversed the decision when the amount of "bad" ones was nearly 500. Little did I know that the bulk of them are correct according to the new spec. although that would have been nice to know. I'm going to email her again on monday if no one wants this "old" thickness and see if the'll help me out. (Maybe just a discount or something).

No big deal, things change spec. Caveat emptor. I've already had an offer of $100 for them so that'd only be a 1 bill bath to get back to even.

RE the credit card refund issue: I got these through an affiliate. He started backpedaling as soon as I notified him about it.

In case anyone cares, here's a pic of the difference... this greeted me when I opened my second box of reds:

The stack on the right matches what are apparently the old thickness (my black, purple and yellow), the other four match my greens.