View Single Post
Old 12-20-2005, 06:17 PM

Default Re: Your Best Investment Ever

[ QUOTE ]
I was just thinking about a stock purchase i never made (goto.com in 2000). i talked and talked about how i needed to buy the stock, and i never pulled the trigger. i even wrote up a little report on the company/business and gave it to a few friends who subsequently bought the stock. it was a slam dunk and, due largely to laziness, i missed it.

So I can live through others who have actually pulled the trigger on something good...

What was your best investment ever? it can be a stock, or a home (though this is kind of boring), or a baseball card or an antique desk, whatever. return on ivestment as a percentage would be good to know, but dollar figures would be even better.

[I'm counting on you $16k warren buffet guys for some great answers]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should also allow investments whose return is measured in utility.

For instance, my John Deere mower w/bagger was an awesome investment, from a utility standpoint. (just an example...jeez)

My money grip which has utility approaching infinite now, since I was able to rid myself of my Costanza wallet.

Financial investments:
I dabbled in daytrading for a while, and bought a 'penny stock' that increased in value over 1200% before I sold.
In 2 days.