View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 08:12 AM

Default Any eight will win!

I am playing at a club in Dallas. $1/$2 NL cash game; complete donkfest. I have K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the button. The game is deepstacked and plays like a 2/5. I raise limpers to $25. One elderly gentleman calls. Flop is 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Checks to me, I bet pot($60), am called. Turn is 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Villain open pushes for $135. I instacall and immediately expose my KK; people who don't show right away aggravate me. River is 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Villain thinks for about 10 seconds, makes a motion to muck his hand, and as he is about to muck, some fat retarded moron blurts out: "Any eight will win!" Villian realizes that while his 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] did not make a flush or two pair or trips, wait!, it makes a straight! Villain apologizes stating that he did not intend a slowroll and just didnt see the straight, and exposes his hand and scoops the $450 pot.
I honestly believe Villian misread his hand and didn't intentionally slowroll. I also honestly believe had that fat retarded moron not said a word, Villain would have mucked. The floorman correctly ruled that the pot belonged to Villain. As Villain starts pulling in what would have been your chips, had fat retarded moron not said a word you look over at F.R.M. and ......Your action?