View Single Post
Old 11-17-2005, 07:44 PM

Default $2+0 R&A Speed Tourney....risk it for the \'fat cash\'?

Hi,

Before you dismiss this low buy-in crap, I just want to say, there were 239403298 rebuys in this tourney and the top 5 place all paid out over $1000 (which may also be crap, but not to me!)

Anyway the blinds are 50,000 and 100,000 and there's about 90 players left - we made the money at about 120, and the pay-out if I go out now is around $25. It goes up about $15 for every 10 until you get to the final table when it goes UP.

I have 98k after posting the small blind. BB is all in with 3k which is pretty much irrelevant. All fold, before the guy in the cutoff with around 450k min raises (a mere 200k). The previous hand this guy had raised with 74s into the BB who had about 30k behind is 100k BB. Anyway BB called and gets a fairly nasty bad beat, but at least I see chipleader's raising just to steal and because he knows he can't go bust on 1 hand.

So anyway, Its folded to me and I have KJo - my thinking goes like this.....If I fold, I still have 98k, I can survive at least 9 more hands and probably get further into the money (maybe up to 70 or ever 80 dollars). I prolly won't get much further because theres 4 or 5 other players at the table who have me outchipped (unless I hit a monster of course). But if I call I can double up to over 300k and could actually make the final table.

So, with KJo, how do I work out if its worth the call?

BTW I may have left some key details out so please let me know, I'll fill in the gaps