View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 05:08 AM

Default Re: PLO8 Did I play this right

I'd say he's the donkey for calling an all-in on the river with his 2 pair and horrible low. What's he thinking? Terrible play. And his over-enthusiastic raise on the turn, when he gets a flush draw BUT A LOW HAS BEEN MADE is horrible too.

But I guess you want to know how you played....I wouldn't have potted the turn like you did. Your nut low may be counterfeited on the river and your high is just a pair. You might convince me it's the right play if you had counterfeit protection. Otherwise what if ...your opponent has counterfeit protection, then he's getting a freeroll. If a two or three comes on the river you're looking pretty stupid here, agreed? A jack would be nice though. You're right you are the made low--but your postion is precarious. A 2 or 3 sinks you. You're unlikely to win high against the high hand unless a 5 or a Jack comes. Against someone else with the nut low, would they have potted it with only the nut low? Perhaps if they had nut low with counterfeit protection, and a flush draw. But then do you really want to go to war against this hand with more money left to bet on the river? What if he had re-raised you on the turn? You could easily be dominated and lose everything on the river or be quartered. So, against a good player, I'd just call his bet and wait and see how the river turns out. If a flush comes, for example, you might be quartered.

You get the straight on the river. Your river bet worked out, but its a case where I'd rather be in last position and make it look like I might be bluffing here. Betting the pot makes it an easy fold for anyone who doesn't have the nut/nut. I'd probably bet out 2/3rds of it if I bet.

Can't argue with success though.