View Single Post
Old 06-14-2005, 09:08 AM

Default Re: Interesting TT hand, 2 tables left

knowing where im at doesn't matter, i will push ANY flop.

The point being, when i complete the pot is 2700, and i have 1175 left. If i push this preflop, its 1175 for the limpers to call into a 3875 pot, thats some nice odds. Now lets assume the 4 limpers have typical $5 multi hands for limping, that would be like A9s, KQo, JQs, 33 - do you see these folding preflop?

The $1000 doesn't cripple any of them, and if they have a hand they will put in 400, no doubt they will call off 1000 more. Then i have a flop, turn and river to dodge LOTS of bullets while they presumably check it down until someone hits.

IF on the otherhand i just limp, and push ANY flop - hands which caught something and now are ahead will call me obviously (BUT they probably call me if i push preflop) but hands that are behind me, and might catch on the turn, river or make some runner runner straight/flush may fold when they miss the flop.

So hands that are ahead preflop/on the flop will beat me regardless of when i push, i can't see them folding preflop, but hands that beat me on turn/river might not be in the hand if i push the flop.

If anyone has a good reason for pushing the flop, id like to know. I actually did push the flop in this hand, thinking i might force out a few limpers. Naturally they all called, flop came 227 and A7 bet out and i won the pot. However im still thinking pushing post flop might be best. Thoughts?