View Single Post
Old 10-31-2005, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Live - Do You Let This Go Facing Flop Raise?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Uh....

Raise preflop, and 3 bet the flop. How loose is he preflop? Why can't he have q10-q6 here? You also have backdoor hearts, but I can't imagine just folding here, your reads aren't sufficient to just drop tpgk in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

This does not seem like an easy pre-flop raise. I'm OOP against the best player at the table (this doesn't say much, of course, but he is solid post-flop as stated in OP). Also, as I stated, villain is passive pre-flop, thus raising in an attempt to better define villain's hand does nothing here. He would merely cold-call my raise with anything from QQ-KK, and other hands that I could be completely dominated against, AQ etc. Hence, the open limp.....thoughts?

3 bet the flop? This just seems like spewing chips against a solid-aggro post-flop player, as described in OP. His flop raise to me sounds like TPTK or two pair. I don't think he'll raise a set here with the blind still to act.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still, it's an easy raise preflop. Don't open limp from late position.

If you say he could have 2 pair here, he is obviously not very tight preflop, which reinforces my idea of a raise. You are beating a lot of hands here. If he caps the betting then you can check fold the turn. If he just calls, you can maintain the betting lead and hopefully he doesn't have one of the two combinations that has you outkicked.