View Single Post
Old 12-16-2005, 07:12 AM

Default Re: Handling reraises preflop (noob question)

Yeah I like busting aces as much as the next guy, it's just that 30% seems like a big amount to put in, I am not really sure how often I will hit a flop to continue with. If I hit a pair on the flop it's a fairly tough decision. I will likely have people behind me. With one opponent I go in with a pair on most flops but with like two people behind me that migh have hit sets and whatnot it's not that obvious, since my equity against the aces aren't great to begin with with only one pair.
I am not an odds expert yet but I would expect something like 46%-54% QJT8ds vs AAxx on a Tyz flop with no flush draw. I don't know if I should call all in there when there are two people behind me that could have me in very bad shape. So I lose some of my profitable spots (or at least make them less profitable) when there are people behind me.

I guess I never fold here, but I am thinking pushing might be better than calling?

EDIT: My equity is probably lower than those % now that I think about it. 40-60 might be more accurate.