View Single Post
Old 09-06-2005, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Best way to play insane 1-3/2-4/3-6 games

In a 1-3 spread limit game playing ultra tight is not, by any means at all, the best approach. If you have not read Small Stakes Hold 'Em I would highly suggest that. If not, you can go to the mircolimit forum and at the very least find a preflop chart for hands in loose games.

With a one dollar blind and being able to bet up to 3 dollars on every street, your implied odds are so much higher than they would be in a standard 1/2 game. As a result you want to play a lot more speculative hands. When you miss, you forfeit 1 dollar to see the flop. When you hit a profitable draw, or make a set, you will get paid off far more than your fair share.

Thus, I would highly reccommend playing more hands like J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]X [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and all pocket pairs. Make sure, however, that you do not cold call preflop with all of these hands, except in certain circumstances.

You will want to raise for value more often on the flop. i.e. you flop a four flush and its bet, and 4 calls to you. You have a 33% chance of improving before the river and 5 people who will put in a bit. on average you will win 33% of 5 bets for you 1 bet. The concept of pot equity.

Value bet your made hands much more often as these loose players will pay you off.

Also, high offsuited cards have a diminished value because of the aforementioned circumstances. Always raise AK, but hands like KQo will not have hte same value they do in a tight standard limit game.