View Single Post
Old 12-22-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: Defending your BB in Limit

"when I’m in the big blind, I’m showing an overall loss of less than one big blind with 140 of my 169 hand combinations"

it very much looks to me that he is looking at his success rate with ANY hands in the big-blind (whether it was raised or not) and then is deciding that he should be defending with all of these hands because the win-rate with them In the BB (period) is somehow favorable for defending.

I haven't read the article...but this logic is REALLY messed-up.

the other way (and I believe incorrect) to look at it is that he actually defended his BB to a raise with all 169 combinations of hands...and believed he did the right thing with 140 of those.
Not only would this be idiotic...but I don't believe it was what he was saying anyway.

He was simply looking at his loss-rate of certain hands IN the BB (even if he saw a free-flop) and THEN came to the conclusion that obviously he should be defending against raises with these hands too.

Based on my interpretation of this along I don't think it's going to be worth my time reading this article.

If a respected poster comes on and says it actually is worth reading then I'll change my mind.