View Single Post
Old 11-28-2005, 09:48 PM

Default i\'m not smart, so I called.....

[ QUOTE ]
Clayton,

You are thinking on the right track but I have 2things to say:

1) You said a raise gets worse hands to fold, but its obvious not all worse hands fold. But are there really a lot of hands that will fold to this turn raise that will give you action on the river (if you just call the turn)? I can forsee a bunch of action killers.

2) On a board like this, you need to consider the fact that your opp may be on a draw. If he has a pure draw here you can easily see that by calling you will likely get him to play perfect unless you induce a river bluff. Keep in mind you really cant get away from this hand under any circumstances (except a few rivers like a 9), so charging ur opp to draw is important.

-Jason

edit to add to 1: If the opponents hand is so weak he wont pay off a raise on eithe the turn or the river then you can not worry about maximizing value versus it because there is no value to be maximized. Hence raising a hand like A8o here off the pot is not a problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice post.

His crappy little bet froze me (and I had KK in the SB at another table taking some of my attention, but that's no excuse)

Usually I push when confused and have a good hand, but I called, which is just marginally better than folding.

Turn comes T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] he makes the same weak bet of 150, I call he shows 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] for the rivered chop.

Lots of good posts, and you're all right with having to raise, my head was firmly up my ass.

God I suck sometimes.

Regards,
Woodguy