View Single Post
Old 08-23-2004, 06:13 AM

Default Re: Lies, damn lies, and statistics

I totally relate to what you are saying. Then again, in the back of my mind, the old saying "Ignorance is bliss" speaks up. I'm not sure which way to go. Some people may really be helped by stats and others might be hindered by them.

Over the last year, I've started keeping track of my winnings in ring games. I also keep track of how many SnG's I've played in and how I placed (i.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and out of the money). Then I add the total winnings from both together and that is all.

I don't want to know percentages. If I hit a bad streak, I might focus more on trying not to go below a certain percentage than what I need to do to break the streak. I like to use my bad streaks to analyze my game. A tweak here and tug there and usually come back full steam.

But, for some people the stats really help them take a deeper look into their game. So, if the stats aren't helping you, tone down. Don't throw everything out the window, because keeping some stats may help you in the long run. Hope this helps.

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]